Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Radio Station and Zunes

So I got a Zune, courtesy of my roommate, Steve, who
had a change of heart and bought an iPod to replace his.
Now I have a Zune, and I must say, I've never had my own legit mp3 player (if you don't count my old Sony phone with a memory stick). Zune is good in my book. I enjoy the big album art. BIG TIMES.
Okay.

-Looks like I have no one to see Mountain Goats with at Webster Hall. Damn.
-Spring break starts for me this Friday.
-I really don't think anything special of The Rolling Stones but damn, "Gimme Shelter" is a fuckin bangin track. They also nailed it with "Ruby Tuesday" and "Under My Thumb" among few others.
-I hope they add last minute artists to the APW Fest, which I will speak of incessantly until it is out of my system (and it doesn't even start 'till August so brace yourselves).

Tonight I'm going to talk about The National. Damn I love them. Their music is so amazing and I can't get sick of Alligator or Boxer. My song of the week has been "Mr. November". It's one of those final tracks on an album that you don't fully recognise because you hear more of the first half of the album than the second. The song is apparently about the re-election of Bush and the pressures the band was feeling about completing Alligator. At a cursory glance, it just seems to tell a story of your typical high school football hero until he realises in his adult life that his concept of success has peaked and now he doesn't know who the fuck he is. Any single or combination of these meanings is fine with me because The National's lyrics kick you on your ass no matter what. "I won't fuck us over..." I love that line.

I found myself enjoying Nas' "One Mic" tonight....is that bad?

I joined the radio station (Brave New Radio - WPSC 88.7) two weeks ago. I'm now in the training process for the rest of the semester and then next fall I'll have my own show. They are going to be adding a whole nother studio, streaming online, going 24-7, and increasing their potential audience to a projection of like 2 mill or something (most of North Jersey). They're also putting on a fund-raising 10-hour event in the student center and ACTUALLY attempting to get bands to perform at Willy P that day. I should hope so! I'll be a part of that as well, in the planning and the execution.

Undeclared is a good supplement to Freaks & Geeks. I'm gonna watch another episode now I think.

Listening Now: Times New Viking - Teen Drama

No comments: