Saturday, March 1, 2008

Digital Delving

All kinds of busy lately.
I've realized that when I'm busy, granted I've gotten
enough sleep and haven't had too many cigarettes, I enjoy
myself more.
Anyway, in being so busy, I've discovered a niche for more
electronic and dance-based music in my tastes. Always liked
dance-rock, but I never got heavy into other stuff. For some
reason, I can't seem to get enough of

CSS
and especially
Hot Chip.

This week has been all about Hot Chip for me (I showered to that shit). To be honest, I didn't even have the new album, Made in the Dark, until last night because I was sweatin The Warning too much. Oh well. The new album is good--it just seems to be a little too clubby for me. Not that there's anything wrong with a good club banger every now and then, but from Hot Chip? not sure...

Also, I hit up Heretic Pride, the new Mountain Goats album, this week. Although it sort of got lost in the electro-shuffle this week, I can't fucking get enough of opener "Sax Rohmer #1". Other tracks that stuck out were "In the Craters on the Moon" and "Lovecraft in Brooklyn". But yeah, solid fuckn album, a step up from the previous Get Lonely, but I mean, come on, The Sunset Tree is a hard act to follow.

I'm off to watch Freaks & Geeks (I wish I could punch the guy who decided it should be canceled). Then, tomorrow I'm off to visit home and party it up for my birthday.

"Halt! This is D'ump."
peace.

PS: Vampire Weekend are fucking overrated. Also, I got a ticket to All Points West. This means I can see: Radiohead, Andrew Bird, Little Brother (I'll update more on this in the months to come you just wait). $106.50 is now missing from my bank account and that frightens me a bit. Not as much as seeing Radiohead though. I think I'll actually be scared.

No comments: